As a bankruptcy lawyer, he knows that no matter how dire the situation may look, no matter how big the debt issue, he can help. Despite the social stigma connected with it, bankruptcy is a legitimate way to help those who are mired in debt with no way out to turn their financial lives around for a fresh start.
Often, those with insurmountable debt have gotten that way through divorce, illness, a job loss, or some other devastating, unplanned life event.
- The Ohio State University; Bachelor of Arts; Minor, Criminal Justice
- Heidelberg College, Master of Arts in Counseling
- Ohio Northern University, Doctor of Juris Prudence
- Florida Bar – Law Related Education Committee: Chair, Legal Guide for New Adults; So You Want to be a Lawyer; and YouTube Contest subcommittee
- St. Pete Bar Association – Chair, Law Day Committee 2011, 2012
- St. Pete Bar Foundation – Board of Trustees
- Directions for Mental Health, Inc., – Chairman, Board of Directors
- Pinellas County Housing Authority -Volunteer Hearing Officer
- Gulf Coast Legal Services – Volunteer Attorney
- Community Law Program, Inc. – Volunteer Attorney
- FASH – Florida Attorneys Saving Homes- Volunteer Attorney
Courts, Certifications, Professional Associations, and Awards:
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Florida
- Florida – All State Courts
- Florida Certified Circuit Court Mediator
- Florida Certified Mortgage Foreclosure Mediator
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Max Gardner’s Bankruptcy Bootcamp – 2010
- Directions for Mental Health, Inc. – Meritorious Service Award, 2010, 2011
- Public Defender’s Office, 13th Judicial Circuit – Meritorious Service Award, 2005, 2006
If you need help understanding bankruptcy and how it may apply to you and your financial situation, Attorney Dion Hancock offers a free initial consultation in which you may discuss your financial circumstances directly with him. After a thorough review of your case, he can advise you of the legal options available to you to resolve your situation. Your consultation with him is completely confidential and available to all residents throughout the Tampa Bay area.