Work with a Tampa Bankruptcy Lawyer Every Step of the Way
Many people fail to get the legal help that they need simply because they are misinformed or unaware of the bankruptcy process. Without the necessary guidance and information from a qualified legal professional, you could end up facing unnecessary obstacles, or even jeopardizing your chances of a successful bankruptcy case.
If you are looking to shed your debt and put a stop to creditor harassment once and for all, bankruptcy may be the right solution for you. Regardless of how much you owe or how complex your current situation is, Attorney Dion R. Hancock, will be at your side, guiding you through the bankruptcy process from start to finish.
To learn more about the various stages of the bankruptcy process, read the information provided below.
Start on the Path to Financial Recovery Today
In simple terms, bankruptcy is known as the process of eliminating debt by liquidating assets or creating a more affordable repayment plan. For individuals who simply cannot seem to catch-up with their bills, filing for bankruptcy is a great way to gain a fresh start.
The bankruptcy process typically includes the following steps:
- You can no longer afford to pay bills and have possibly defaulted on -your debt, or you defaulted on a mortgage.
- You can initiate the process by filing a petition with the bankruptcy court.
- Upon filing a petition for bankruptcy, all of your creditors will be notified of your petition. Once your petition has been processed, an automatic stay will be put into effect (meaning creditors cannot make any collection attempts, including wage garnishments).
- You will next be required to attend an initial Meeting of Creditors, where you will be asked questions pertaining to your petition, assets, debts, or other financial records. This helps the bankruptcy trustee to ensure that your petition was not made fraudulently.
- If you filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the bankruptcy court can issue a discharge of your debts within just three to four months after the hearing.
- If you filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you will repay either a portion or all of your outstanding debts under a restructured payment plan over a period of 3 to 5 years. At the end of your repayment period, you might be eligible to have the remainder discharged.
- Once your debts are discharged through the bankruptcy process, and you will no longer have an obligation to pay back those debts to creditors or collectors.
As an experienced and knowledgeable Tampa bankruptcy attorney, I have helped countless consumer debtors through the process of filing for bankruptcy. Whether you wish to attain debt-free living by filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, or want to regain control of your finances by establishing a more affordable repayment plan through Chapter 13 bankruptcy, I am here to help you navigate the system. I can also assist business owners with Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Contact Dion R. Hancock P.A. today for a fresh start
At Dion R. Hancock P.A., I strongly believe that my clients deserve a fresh start. I feel that my clients should be able to move forward in life without the burden and pressure of overwhelming debt.
If you have been considering filing for bankruptcy and you want to know if it is the right solution for your particular financial situation, please call my Tampa law offices as soon as possible. I serve clients in Tampa and all across Tampa Bay and Sarasota Counties. I would be happy to provide you with the tools, resources, and knowledge that you need to move forward with your life in the most financially secure manner possible.
If you have more questions about the bankruptcy process, or if you would simply like to speak with a professional confidentially, call my firm today at (813) 223-4821 or (727) 821-1386 for a free bankruptcy consultation.