Solutions for Taking Control of Your Debt
If you are overwhelmed by debt, you may be exploring the various debt relief options that are available to you, such as bankruptcy. While bankruptcy is often a very efficient and effective solution to debt problems, this avenue is not for everyone.
No two financial situations are alike, and each one involves its own unique complexities. You might find that bankruptcy it is not the right debt relief option for you. If that is the case, I will help you explore various bankruptcy alternatives and determine which one is most suitable for your specific needs. Do not hesitate to reach out to my law firm, Dion R. Hancock, P.A., for assistance!
A few examples of bankruptcy alternatives include:
- Debt settlement—In an out-of-court debt settlement, you reach an agreement with your creditor that allows you to resolve the debt by paying just a percentage of the total amount owed. A skilled lawyer can assist you with the negotiation process to help you reach a more favorable outcome.
- Loan modification—You may be able to negotiate with your lender for better loan terms that will make your payments more affordable. For example, you might be able to get a lower interest rate, or it might be able to extend the life of your loan so you can reduce your monthly payments.
- Debt consolidation loan—When you consolidate your debt, you take out one loan that is used to pay multiple bills or loan payments. Many people do this so that they can lower their interest rates and have lower monthly payments. Debt consolidation loans are oftentimes secured debt, meaning you will have to take out the loan against an asset (such as equity in your home) as collateral.
- Foreclosure defense—If you are trying to prevent foreclosure, you may be able to perform a mortgage loan modification, or it may be possible to challenge the foreclosure through legal action. Other options for preventing foreclosure include short sales and deed in lieu deals.
Learn Which Alternative is Best Suited for You
I strongly advise you to schedule a free initial consultation with me so that I can thoroughly review the facts of your situation and guide you down the appropriate path. When you retain the representation of my law firm, I will help you build an effective and personalized action plan.
I will review the following factors in order to determine which debt relief avenue is best suited for your unique situation:
- Your monthly income
- Your monthly expenses
- The types of debts you have
- Whether or not you are facing foreclosure
Call Dion R. Hancock, P.A. For a Skilled Tampa Bankruptcy Attorney
You can further complicate your current financial problems if you choose the wrong bankruptcy alternative, or if you fail to carry out your debt relief plan correctly. This is why it is so important to obtain counsel from a seasoned attorney. I am a Tampa bankruptcy lawyer who is ready to provide you with the guidance you need.
When you work with me, I will help you analyze and understand each of your options. I am committed to your case and will tirelessly pursue the most appropriate solution to your debt problems. Call today at (813) 223-4821 or (727) 821-1386.